Skip to main content

tv   Late Night With Seth Meyers  NBC  April 7, 2016 12:37am-1:37am EDT

12:37 am
[ cheers and applause ] >> announcer: from 30 rockefeller plaza in new york, it's "late night with seth meyers." tonight -- lena dunham and jenni konner, from, "rogue", actress ashley greene, music from birdy, featuring the 8g band with brann dailor. [ cheers and applause ] ladies and gentlemen, seth meyers. >> seth: good evening, i'm seth meyers, this is "late night." how's everybody doing tonight? [ cheers and applause ] fantastic to hear. in that case let's get to the news.
12:38 am
night's wisconsin republican primary, with almost 50% of the votes. but wait, if cruz was the winner, that means donald trump was the -- what's the word? >> a loser. [ applause ] >> seth: that's it. that's it, thank you. i always forget it right when i need it. following his win in wisconsin, ted cruz today campaigned in the bronx. said cruz supporters, "none of us live there." [ laughter ] hillary clinton and bernie sanders have scheduled a debate for next thursday in brooklyn. which is about as close as bernie sanders can get to wall street without spontaneously combusting. [ laughter ] john kasich, yesterday responded to donald trump's calls on him to suspend his campaign. and said, quote, "i'm not dropping out, i'm dropping in." specifically, in the polls. [ laughter ] former advisor roger stone threatened yesterday that he will send donald trump
12:39 am
any republican delegates who try stealing the nomination from trump this summer. and those delegates will probably answer the door too, because they're expecting a prostitute. [ laughter and applause ] hey -- make america great again hat? oh, no! [ applause ] former president bill clinton, yesterday, said one of the recent republican debates sounded like a rap tune on mtv. a rap tune on mtv -- [ laughter ] oh, man, remember when bill was the cool president? [ laughter ] playing saxophone on arsenio hall. then barack obama came along and made him look like vanilla ice. [ laughter ] then again -- then again, maybe bill's just trying to look lame so hillary looks cooler in comparison. she's like the mom at a wedding who's dancing is embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as the fact that her husband is going around asking the groomsmen, "you kids like outkast? who wants to go outside and smoke some reefer, let's do
12:40 am
the dea has announced that by the middle of the year, they may decide to remove marijuana from its, "schedule i," category of dangerous drugs. because let's face it, it's absurd to have marijuana and schedule in the same sentence. [ light laughter ] the dea may -- that's right, the dea may decide to remove marijuana from its, "schedule i" category of dangerous drugs. the dea has concluded that the only real danger with marijuana is that it makes you want to buy a lincoln. [ laughter and applause ] that's the only reason. hillary clinton said in a recent interview that she is not a natural politician. as opposed to this smooth operator. [ laughter ] bernie sanders, today, congratulated the uconn women's basketball team for winning their fourth ncaa title in a row. added sanders -- [ bernie sanders voice ] "but now it's time to break them up!"
12:41 am
"four is too many for one team! you've been the one percent too long, you're done!" [ laughter and applause ] and finally, subway has begun posting calorie counts on the menu boards of its 27,000 stores nationwide. and chipotle is posting a body count. [ laughter and applause ] ladies and gentlemen, we have a great show for you. from hbo's "girls" lena dunham and jenni konner are here tonight. [ cheers and applause ] so excited to talk to them about what's been an excellent season. also, from direct tv's "rogue" ashley greene is joining us tonight on "late night." [ cheers and applause ] and we will have music from a fantastic singer, birdy. [ cheers and applause ] but, before we get to all of that. last night, voters in wisconsin went to the polls in that states presidential primary, and some waited in line for hours even after the results had been
12:42 am
ballot. the long lines in wisconsin are just the latest sign this year that our voting process is becoming just as dysfunctional as our political system. for more on this, it's time for, "a closer look." [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: the wisconsin primary was special for a number of reasons. for one, it posed a crucial test of donald trump's electoral strength. but just as important, it gave reporters an opportunity to make lame, cheese-references. >> will voters in wisconsin make swiss cheese out of donald trumps presidential plans? >> they're all trying to be the big cheese in wisconsin. >> the big apple and the big cheese. >> our reporters spread like a fine cheese. [ laughter ] >> seth: cheesus, mary and joseph, cool it with the puns! [ laughter and applause ] now, there was also the ritual of trying to get candidates to wear a giant cheese hat. a ritual that donald trump declined to participate in, i guess because he was already wearing one? [ laughter ] but he actually did have an explanation. >> mr. trump can you wear the
12:43 am
>> no, because you know -- i've seen too much of michael dukakis. you understand? >> yeah, the helmet. >> that was one of the great mistakes in history putting on the helmet. no, i'll take a pass. >> yes, michael dukakis is the reason i won't put the cheese on my head. [ laughter ] and not the fact that my hair is a delicately constructed house of cards that must be shielded from any and all external threats. [ laughter ] of course, trump declining to wear the cheese hat left an opening for ted cruz to dart out from his hole, steal the cheese, and drag it back to his nest. [ laughter and applause ] but in addition to cheese, wisconsin is now known for something else, long lines. voters in some precincts last night, waited for hours to cast their ballots because of a restrictive new voter i.d. law that caused major delays. and msnbc's three-man team of identical reporters in sweaters and collared shirts, were all over it. [ laughter ] if weezer ever needs a new front-man, msnbc's got it covered.
12:44 am
now, part of the reason for the long lines and simply the high turn out. but much of it was also due to the state's restrictive new voter i.d. law, which requires voters to present valid photo i.d. at the polls. it's the first time the system has been in place in wisconsin, and the election lines were long, so long in fact, that people were looking for ways to pass the time. >> it's about a two hour wait at this point, people are doing all they can to try to stay occupied. there's a guy reading a fantasy novel. his mom's got some hard philosophy, she's read about 40 pages, he's read about 60. there's a married couple here, 41 years together. they're getting some quality time in they didn't expect. >> seth: quality time? when you're married 41 years, quality time isn't standing in a line at a public school. it's holding hands during an episode of, "ncis." [ laughter ] in fact, the situation was so frustrating, a few kind souls even tried to help out by volunteering to pass out food. although there was one guy who didn't seem all that legit when he was approached for an interview. >> people are still persevering here. this gentleman is a volunteer,
12:45 am
this idea. he's a defender of democracy. >> seth: defender of democracy? based on how quickly he made tracks, it looked like that candy was to lure people into his van. [ laughter ] also, just a word of advice, if a random dude is handing out skittles on line at a polling place, maybe don't taste that rainbow. maybe wait for the next rainbow. remember, this is just the primary, the november election could be much worse. by one estimate, wisconsin's voter i.d. law could block 300,000 registered voters from the polls. the stated justification from republicans for the wisconsin law and others like it is to prevent voter fraud. but a wisconsin federal district court judge found that the laws defenders quote, "could not point to a single instance of known voter impersonation occurring in wisconsin at any time, in the recent past." not a single instance, wisconsin had more successful netflix series than instances of voter fraud. [ light laughter ] which has led reporters who
12:46 am
natural conclusion, that this isn't really about stopping voter fraud, it's about helping republicans keep power. but it's rare that republicans slip up and actually admit that's what's going on. that is, until last night, when wisconsin congressman glenn grothman, seemed to do just that. >> take me forward to november. you know that a lot of republicans since 1984, in the presidential races have not been able to win in wisconsin. why would it be any different for ted cruz or a donald trump. >> well, i think hillary clinton is about the weakest candidate the democrats have ever put up, and now we have photo id. i think photo id is going to make a little bit of a difference as well. >> seth: no, no, no, no, no! you're not supposed to say that out loud! [ laughter ] that's like a dude rolling up in a corvette and saying, "you know, i bought this bad boy to compensate for my tiny penis." [ laughter ] "now what say you hop in? there's plenty of room, because my penis is so tiny." [ laughter and applause ] perhaps the most disturbing part of this is that wisconsin is
12:47 am
dysfunctional our voting process has become. a similar voter i.d. law in north carolina created widespread problems during that state's primary three weeks ago. in fact, one voter, rudy ravindra, a 66-year-old retired scientist from india, who became a u.s. citizen in 1992, faced a spelling test when he and his wife voted. ravindra said, quote, "i gave my driver's license to a poll worker, he kept it face down and ordered me to spell my name." that's right, people in north carolina have to spell their own names to vote. which is terrible news for the nation's kaylee's. [ laughter ] so many ways you can go kaylee. [ laughter ] this is america, the only time you should have to spell your own name is when you're screaming it on a call with time warner cable. [ laughter ] but it's not just voter i.d. laws that are causing problems at the polls. by far the most shocking display of election dysfunction this year, came two weeks ago in the arizona primary, where a decision to shut down polling places caused mass chaos. >> thousands of people in maricopa county, the largest county in the state, waited up
12:48 am
ballot. >> some people didn't get their ballots in until about midnight. >> some voters passed the time in line by ordering a pizza. >> you've been here almost three hours? >> yes. >> are you frustrated at all with that wait? >> yes. >> if you've been in line so long, the pizza place is willing to deliver to you, you're going to be frustrated. "is that a house or an apartment?" it's a line, i live in a line. [ laughter ] the long lines happened after the election official in charge of election procedure, decided to cut the number of polling places by 70%. when that official was asked who's fault the fiasco was, she at first offered this infuriating response. >> who's to blame for these long lines. >> well, the voters for getting in line. [ audience ohs ] >> seth: before they showed up it was a perfectly nice sidewalk! [ laughter ] now, that official did later take full responsibility for the screw up. but what we've seen in wisconsin, arizona and north
12:49 am
weeks is that the voting process in this country is becoming deeply dysfunctional. just imagine if one of those states turns out to be the deciding state in november. we could end up with another situation like florida in 2000. and no one wants to see any of these candidates in an al gore sadness beard. [ audience ohs ] this has been a closer look. [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: we'll be right back with lena dunham, everybody! [ cheers and applause ] what's the most awarded car company of the year? ranking from top to bottom. luxury cars just seem like they would be top awarded. better be some awards behind what you are paying for, right. the final answer. chevy. the most awarded car company two years in a row. wow, it's like a luxury car. i was shocked. i mean it's like, this is chevy? for a limited time, get cash back for 15% of the msrp on most remaining 2015 chevy
12:50 am
chevy dealer. degree motionsense. the world's first antiperspirant with unique microcapsules activated by movement, that release bursts of freshness all day. motionsense. protection to keep you moving. degree. it won't let you down. thompson's waterseal. the seal you can trust. with stain and sealer in one... and easy to choose colors... exceptional beauty and protection have never been easier. thompson's waterseal stain and sealer.
12:51 am
mhmmm. friends. tonight, i present to you a very special bottle. it's a nice, robust italian. vine-ripened tomatoes. impressive. very. let's let it breathe. introducing classico riserva. extra virgin olive oil, vine-ripened tomatoes, a hint of basil. classico riserva uses only fresh, simple ingredients. new classico riserva. open a bottle of the good stuff. anyone else care to smell the lid? hmmm. i take pictures of sunrises, but with my back pain i couldn't sleep and get up in time. then i found aleve pm. aleve pm is the only one to combine a safe sleep aid plus the 12 hour pain relieving strength of aleve. i'm back. aleve pm for a better am.
12:52 am
12:53 am
[ cheers and applause ] >> seth: welcome back, everybody, please give it up for the 8g band right over there. also, joining us again tonight, he's been working hard on the drums with the 8g band all week, from the grammy nominated band, mastodon, brann dailor is here. [ cheers and applause ] hello brann. >> hi. >> seth: mastodon's latest album "once more round the sun" is available now. and be sure to check out for all things brann, and of course, mastodon. thank you so much, brann, looking forward to tomorrow. >> all right, thank you. [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: our first guest is the creator and star of the hit series "girls." new episodes air sunday nights on hbo. please welcome back to the show, one of our favorites, lena dunham.
12:54 am
>> seth: how are you? >> i'm great. >> seth: you look lovely, it's lovely to have you back. >> i'm truly delighted to be here. >> seth: i was truly delighted to see this. i wanna get this out of the way, right away. because you instagramed a photo of yourself. this is from the film "neighbors 2." >> yep. >> seth: cut from the movie. >> fully cut, not in that movie. >> seth: but you're okay. >> yeah, i'm great. >> seth: because, here you are. there you are, so that's -- you're joan of arcing it. >> i played joan of arc in the film "neighbors 2." well, i no longer play joan of arc in the film "neighbors 2." it was amazing because there was a sequence in which they've, sort of, rewritten history. so, joan of arc jumps off the pyre, grows laser hands and laser eyes and then chops up a bunch of dudes. [ light laughter ] so i was like, they called me, and i was like, "yes, that's my dream role." >> seth: yeah. >> i'm fully available to you. and i went to atlanta, the armor weighed about 85 pounds. >> seth: okay, that sounds uncomfortable.
12:55 am
armor. to the point where, unless i was standing like that, i had to be lying down. [ light laughter ] and at one point i had to demand that executive producer seth rogan bring me a cup of salami that i could eat reclined. and then i was like, "i have to pee." and they were like, "we can't help you with that." >> seth: so, it seems like, other than the costume, you and joan of arc diverged quite a great deal. i don't remember cup of salami being part of her story. >> it's not, but i felt very in her body that day. [ light laughter ] and very connected with her essence. and that was enough for me. so being in the movie, honestly, being in the movie, it wasn't even important to me. >> seth: right. >> it was important for me to embody her, to be truthful about who she was, to eat that salami, and get the f home. it was perfect. >> seth: now, you also, you lived my dream, your dream might be joan of arc. you lived my dream, you went to see rihanna. >> i did. >> seth: with amy schumer. >> i did. >> so that's the two of you, who else do we have here?
12:56 am
>> seth: who are these gentlemen? >> we'e got our friend rachel feinstein who's an amazing comedian. >> seth: okay. >> and then, what we also have are a pair of voguers. you can tell, because one of their hats says the word vogue. >> seth: vogue. and they don't just give hats like that out. you have to be a voguer. >> you have to be a voguer. so these are two guys who do this very sensual, animalistic movement behind rihanna. nd so when they came out we kind of -- >> seth: were you enjoying the show? >> it was the best two hours of my life. i think probably, you know i'm prone to anxiety, i'm an anxious person. >> seth: yeah. >> and, i think, for two hours, i knew what it was like to really be free, and to be young and to be alive. >> seth: wow! [ cheers ] >> i felt so good in my body. i felt so -- full of, much like i embodied joan of arc. i became full of rhianna's energy. >> seth: when i've seen -- the times i've seen her perform, be it snl or other things i watch her and i -- my overriding idea or feeling is everything will be okay, you guys. >> that's how i feel. >> seth: rhianna's here, everything's gonna be okay. >> here's my big theory about
12:57 am
to say here on television, which is that her vagina never hurts. >> seth: yeah. [ light laughter ] i think that is okay to say. i'm checking. it's good, we're good. >> okay. i think that she feels a feeling of freedom and pleasure that is out of the reach of mere mortals. but for two hours at her concert. i also think she's an amazing role model, and an amazing artist, and has overcome all kinds of adversity. but really for me, i was just like "girl, i'm feeling your butt." >> seth: yeah. [ light laughter ] >> i felt so lucky to be there. and then i kissed the hands of all of those voguers. >> seth: of the voguers? >> mm-hmm. i kissed the hands of multiple backup dancers and now i have bronchitis. not blaming them. [ light laughter ] not blaming them. >> seth: this season of "girls" has been fantastic. >> thank you. >> seth: congratulations. it really is one -- [ cheers ] it's long been one of my favorite shows. and i'm just so impressed at how the show and the characters have matured every season. and yet, hannah had a moment of
12:58 am
>> yeah. >> seth: working as a teacher now, talking to the principal in the office, and you full "basic instinct"-ed it. >> full "basic instinct"-ed it. >> seth: you just opened the legs and we had the basic, "basic instinct" shot. >> yeah, we did. we saw everything that i had to offer. >> seth: yeah. it was -- again, if you watch "girls", like, you think you've reached a point where you go, nothing will be jarring to me as a "girls", a loyalist. >> it was shocking to me also. the thing is, when they told me about it in the writers room. i was like, "oh, come on guys." like, i had gone to the bathroom, i came back and they're like, big idea. hannah opens her legs, no underwear. right on the principal. i was like, don't do this to me. and then like 10 minutes later it was in the script. and five months later i was sitting there on set, listening to the director say that they need to add an extra key light because they couldn't see quite clearly enough. [ light laughter ] so -- >> seth: you had to have an extra light your, your vagina. >> yeah, i had to have an extra
12:59 am
and here's what i've been trying to figure out. and tell me if you think it's wrong. here's why it's not porn. >> seth: oh, great. >> because you don't see what's inside. >> seth: oh. >> so i feel like i can continue to proudly campaign for a presidential candidate without getting -- not that i have a problem with people who show what's inside. i'm just saying that, in our conservative nation, i didn't go all the way. >> seth: no. [ light laughter ] it's also, i think for anyone who desires porn, it really takes the edge off when you think of it that way, because i don't think you ever think, let's see what's inside. >> i know. [ light laughter ] i know. >> seth: i want to see what's inside. >> i gotta see that inner stuff. that's what i'm going home to look up. is googling what's inside. and yeah, and people keep asking me, if i feel like hannah made a smart choice. like, they think because i play her, and cause i did it, it endorse this behavior. obviously you should never spread your underpantsless legs for your employer, that is called sexual harassment. >> seth: right.
1:00 am
endorsing it. >> seth: yes. that must be an amazing journey you've taken with the show. because i feel like people have so tied you to that character. >> yeah. >> seth: in a way that is unfair of other people who play fictional characters. >> you know, i'm sure people think larry david's going to be like, grumpy if you park in front of him. like, i get it. but, like, i think people are surprised because i'm actually bit more conservative than that in my own personal life. >> speaking of conservative, you are reaching a very important age. you're about to turn 30? >> mm-hmm. give me a month. >> seth: and you are excited or bummed? >> so excited. >> seth: okay. [ cheers and applause ] >> so excited. i'm not there yet, my boyfriend is 32. >> seth: okay. >> he seems to really be enjoying it, my thing is this, which is, i'd be willing to turn 30 just so that people will stop telling me how much better it is to be 30. >> seth: right. >> but i also just feel like there's something like a sensual confidence, and there's something about your 20s, where it's like, a little hard to be taken seriously, people assume
1:01 am
things. maybe you have made a mess of things. >> seth: yeah. >> i just feel like 30's going to be a clean slate for me, and i'm thrilled. >> seth: that's exciting. i will tell you as someone who's now turned 40, i also wish i was also about to turn 30. [ light laughter ] >> i don't think of you as 40, i think of you as like, a solid 36. >> seth: thank you very much. i'm gonna bring that home to my wife tonight, and lay that out for her. >> good. >> seth: cause she likes to remind me that, where i'm at age wise. >> cause she's younger. >> seth: yeah, she's younger. >> you have a very youthful energy. >> seth: i think she likes to point out that, if i was still going out, it would be sad. [ light laughter ] >> and it is interesting, i once saw an ex of mine, i didn't say hi to him, but i saw him drinking beer out of a bag on a stoop. i calculated that man is now 40 and he's alone on a stoop drinking beer out of a bag, it's not cool any more. >> seth: that might never be super cool. [ light laughter ] >> i thought it was, i thought it was pretty cool when i was
1:02 am
>> seth: yeah, that's true. >> i thought it was pretty dope, to be honest. >> seth: yeah, but that's the thing, let's say i'm drinking my bag of beer on a stoop. >> yeah. >> seth: some 22-year-old rolls up, and like, hey, that's cool. i would have to say, just so you know, i'm 42, and they would probably keep walking. >> why is seth meyers drinking a bag of beer on a stoop. [ light laughter ] was his show cancelled, was he kicked out of his home? >> seth: yeah, that's right, i forgot about that part. i'm so excited about this, we are having your co creator jenni coming out. >> and my best friend. >> seth: and your best friend. so, let's get to that, we'll be right back with more lena dunham and jenni konner.
1:03 am
why am i so awake? your brain has two systems. one helps you sleep. one helps keep you awake. science suggests when you have insomnia, the wake neurotransmitters in your brain can remain too active, which may be preventing you from getting the sleep you need. ask your doctor about more
1:04 am
1:05 am
at olive garden choose one delicious entr\e at our place and another for yours starting at $12.99 may all your tomorrow's be as delicious as today olive garden the nissan rogue with intuitive all-wheel drive.
1:06 am
1:07 am
[ cheers and applause ] >> seth: welcome back to "late night!" we're here with lena dunham and jenni konner, executive producer of "girls." welcome, jenni. >> thank you. [ applause ] >> seth: so i -- when i first met you guys earlier this year, i asked you how you had met, and i consider this the most new york show, i consider you the most new york person, and i just assumed you guys had grown up together here in the city or gone to camp together, but it is not the kind of meeting. >> i mean, if we grew up together, like i was her mother? >> seth: no, because you were friends. >> we were friends. [ laughter ] >> seth: i didn't even know that part. >> i know. >> seth: you made that creepy. just like everything you guys do, you made it creepy. >> it's our gift. it's our special -- >> it is our special gift. several people have asked her if she's younger than me, and i'm like, "yup." [ laughter ] we met, actually, through our agents, which we find to be very -- >> so romantic. >> romantic. >> seth: see? that's what i mean. that's -- that sounds like such an l.a. meeting. >> i know. it's, like, worse than tinder. [ laughter ]
1:08 am
able to say that we, like, met on a park bench, petting dogs, in -- park, but no. >> seth: so, agents set it up, and then, was it love at first site or was it awkward? >> no, it was kind of love at first site. >> i showed up at jenny's apartment in los angeles, and she opened the door, and it was truly like a moment from "love actually." i was like, "you're here! you're really here!" [ laughter ] and we went out to dinner that lasted for, like, nine hours? >> it was so long. it was the longest dinner anyone's ever had. >> and then, after that, i kind just of moved in with you? [ laughter ] >> yeah, and then you stayed there. >> yeah. >> you stayed forever. >> forever, i've never left. and jenny started giving me all her clothes. she was like, "you know, we've got some meetings coming up. like, maybe you want, like, a shirt that, like, covers your body." [ laughter ] >> seth: okay. >> "or underwear." >> seth: underwear, that's very important for the first group of meetings. and now, you're actually -- so you have this show, not the only thing you guys have together, but i want to talk about the show first. you guys, there's obviously a lot of sex scenes on "girls." and i think over the years, you guys have really introduced
1:09 am
positions that i did not even know existed. >> i feel we made up some of them. >> i don't think anyone know they existed. >> seth: and i heard that you guys will actually send photos to set to let people know the poses they're supposed to be in. [ laughter ] >> it's true. >> seth: you guys want to tell us what this one was supposed to be? >> well first of all, i want to point out that bruce kaplan, our executive producer, is looking over so repulsed. [ laughter ] >> horrified. >> seth: it's, like, not a great idea to not frame him out, but there he is. >> no, there he is. you know, i thin okk it's, like, it started out because sometimes we read between our scripts, and our actors would just be like, "we don't know what that is. we're not sure how to possibly do it." and so, jenny and i would act it out. and at this point, it's just habit. >> and this, i just want to say is a spoiler alert. >> seth: oh, this is a spoiler alert? >> this is for next season. >> for the coming season. >> seth: so, you told us the sex acts -- you have written a very interesting show that this is a spoiler alert. >> yes. [ laughter ] >> i know. >> i'm so happy we did that
1:10 am
she said to me, "is this gonna hurt?" >> seth: oh, no! >> and i think it's fine. >> seth: now, you're gonna spend the rest of the time trying to guess which characters it is? >> here's what i'll say. there's a sink involved. she's meant to be leaning over a sink. she's miming the sink. >> seth: okay, gotcha. >> i don't know if you can tell, i'm a master mime. there's nothing there. >> seth: oh, wow. >> do you see that? that's me pretending that's the sink. >> seth: that is fantastic. i have not noticed that. you are a really -- you're a really good mime. >> thank you. >> seth: i also want to talk about "lenny letter." you guys started a feminist newsletter together, and you've had fantastic contributors. [ cheers and applause ] >> thank you. >> thank you so much. >> seth: jane fonda, michelle obama, jennifer lawrence, and it's just fantastic. >> thank you. >> seth: is it true you received praise from an unlikely source that blew your mind? >> yes, i mean, we received the only praise from the only source. >> we were in the writer's room, and i may have been taken a minute to fiddle through twitter. >> seth: sure. we all do it. >> because we got to calm down
1:11 am
and i was scrolling through a nice -- i literally stopped the room cold and said, "khloe kardashian just tweeted at us about lenny." and the room was like, "wow! that's so great." we were hugging so excited, and then we couldn't get back to work for the rest of the day. >> the whole day. >> seth: you just couldn't get the khloe kardashian buzz out? >> no, like, the writers were like, should we get back to work?" we were just like, "i just don't -- i don't think so." >> we don't have any more in us. >> and it meant so much just because we both love her act. >> seth: yeah. >> she's the best kardashian. >> seth: look, you don't -- you do not have -- >> am i right? [ cheers ] >> and, by the way, that's not -- >> i love them all. >> that's not a throwing kardashian shade. she's just for us. she's the peek kardashian experience. >> yeah. >> seth: yeah. [ laughter ] >> and just, honestly, for her to be psyched about what we're doing because we love her app, and it inspires us. and now, we're both going to get memory foam bath mats. >> yeah. >> seth: great. [ laughter ] i had a gutting -- i'm glad we're talking about her. i had a gutting thing happen today. i was supposed to go out to l.a.
1:12 am
>> khloe. >> khloe. >> seth: khloe, sorry. [ laughter ] >> what is wrong with you? >> we put -- oh, no, and then -- >> seth: they cancelled it. she cancelled it. >> she cancelled it? >> seth: yeah, she cancelled it. i didn't want to make -- >> why do you cancel your show? >> seth: i think because she just has other things to do. >> self-cancellation is a pretty baller move. >> seth: yeah. [ laughter ] >> you know -- >> seth: and, so -- >> we did it. we self-cancelled! >> seth: you self-cancelled? >> we self-cancelled. >> seth: so i'm gutted that i won't be there, but now, a little relieved because i obviously would have, at some point, called her the wrong name. >> yeah. [ laughter ] >> we're also -- now that you know us, and you know that we're going to be best friends with her, we can all hang out. >> seth: that's how you guys think. you are the new bridge, and it will be more natural than showing up somewhere with cameras. >> totally, like every weekend, we're gonna be having cocktails with khloe. >> and something that makes me angry is, like, sometimes we'll instagram about khloe, you know, once or twice a day. and people will be like, "that's not -- those kardashians aren't what you represent!" and we're like, "well, they're, like, awesome entrepreneurs who are all about sisterhood and connection, and so -- >> yeah, it is.
1:13 am
[ cheers and applause ] >> they love each other so much. >> i will admit that i have not watched "keeping up with the kardashians," but my wife watches it on a loop. [ laughter ] and so i just catch snippets of it, and it's the most entertaining show to watch 30 seconds it's bat [ bleep ] crazy. >> yeah, yeah. >> how could you say that? >> seth: because, look, if you're going to call kourtney, nothing. >> seth: but it's the best, and they're the best, and that family is great. >> and they love each other. >> seth: yeah, that's all you >> they're so close. >> seth: yeah. >> but they have like sister sunday. >> seth: yeah. >> i know. i think, like, they're really a honestly. >> seth: yeah. well, if there's any takeaway, it's that, i think. >> yeah. >> takeaway from everything. >> seth: yeah, for everything. thank you guys so much for being here. >> thank you. >> seth: i'm so happy there's >> thank you. [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: lena dunham and jenni konner, everybody! new episodes of "girls" airs sunday nights on hbo! we'll be right back with
1:14 am
some people know how to make an entrance. to thrive under pressure. to reject the status quo. and they have no problem passing the competition. the aggressive new 2016 lexus gs 350 and 200 turbo. once driven, there's no going back. he' ll take my arm. when we' re walking, rolling and rocking. woo! ooow! working on my feet all day gave me pain here. in my lower back but now, i step on this machine and get my number pwhich matches my dr. scholl's custom fit orthotic inserts. now i get immediate relief from my foot pain. my lower back pain.
1:15 am
to prove that viva vantage towels can take on any mess, we put them to the test in a subway. only viva vantage has our stretchable, scrubby texture and cloth-like durability that give it the power to clean more than just spills. if it works here, imagine how well viva will unleash clean in your home. degree motionsense. the world's first antiperspirant with unique microcapsules activated by movement, that release bursts of freshness all day. motionsense. protection to keep you moving. degree. it won't let you down. woo! whatcha gonna do when you get out of here? i' m gonna have some fun! what what what what! what do you consider fun? fun, natural fun!
1:16 am
every day you read headlines about businesses being hacked and intellectual property being stolen. that is cyber-crime. and it affects each and every one of us. microsoft created the digital crimes unit to fight cyber-crime. we use the microsoft cloud to visualize information so we can track down the criminals. when it comes to the cloud, trust and security are paramount. we're building what we learn back into the cloud to make people and
1:17 am
i've been a turkey farmer my whole life... and i raise turkey for shady brook farms . we don't use growth-promoting antibiotics, that's just the way things should be done. that's important to me. my name is glenn, and i'm an independent turkey farmer. (female announcer) shady brook farms . no growth-promoting antibiotics, just honest, simple turkey. fios is not cable. we're wired differently. we guarantee to make switching easier. we'll show up on time. you're right on time. as promised. to install fios and set up the wi-fi that janet, jamie, jenny, jemma, and
1:18 am
thank you. for all their new devices. you can't break me. you wanna piece of cake? our switchers guarantee makes it easy to get 100 meg internet. plus tv and phone for just $69.99 per month online. cable can't offer these speeds at this price. only fios can. [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: welcome back, everybody. our next guest is a talented actress you know from the "twilight" series. she's currently stars on the police drama, "rogue," airing wednesdays on direct tv's, "audience network." let's take a look. >> who's coming after you? >> i don't know. i swear to god, i don't know! >> look, i know this isn't just about insider trading. what did you do? >> nothing, i didn't do anything! i swear to god! >> do you know what? i'm done. >> okay, you have to listen. okay, i don't know what's going on. i don't know who's after me, i need help finding them, okay? i can't do it by myself. >> it's not my problem.
1:19 am
okay? you think it's just about me now, huh? this is about you too. whatever they think that i know, whatever they think that i did, how do you know they don't think i told you who? >> all right. i'll take my chances. >> please welcome to the show, ashley greene. [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: so nice to see you as always. >> nice to see you, too. >> you came out from new york to l.a., and we have something in common, i heard, that you are a terrible packer? >> watch it. >> seth: okay. >> i'm not a terrible -- >> seth: that seems like confirmation. >> i'm not a terrible packer. i just -- i'm actually really specific when i pack. it's, like, therapeutic to me, and i pack my bags, and my dog decided to relay to me he did not want me to come here, and he
1:20 am
>> seth: oh! that's not -- you're not a bad packer. that's not on you. i take it back, yeah. >> so then, i took all my, like, stuff out that i packed and repacked. and it was late, and i was coming in on the red eye thursday. and i had a friend come over and help me, and we might have packed, like, one of each shoe. >> seth: oh, right. >> because we were looking at them, going, "all right. this one's cute. we'll take this one." and forgot to put all other ones in there, so -- [ laughter ] >> seth: gotcha, so basically, you're a good packer once a day. [ laughter ] that's you're issue. you can't pack twice a day. >> i'm stressed out and -- but i lihad my poor brother who's -- he's great around the house, and can, like, take apart cars, and fashion is not his forte. >> seth: yeah. >> and i had to, like -- >> seth: it's probably not helpful to have someone who just takes a car apart either. [ laughter ] >> yeah, well, he got in trouble for that when he was younger. my dad's like, "don't take it apart if you can't put it together." but i had to, like, skype him and try and guide through my closet to ship the shoes that i forgot. >> seth: oh, no. that's awful. >> yeah, my poor brother. >> seth: so somebody was back in l.a. shipping these shoes. that's terrible. >> yeah. >> seth: no, your show, as we
1:21 am
sort of an action show, a polin drama and you -- you do to some degree, but you have a stunt double? >> um, i do. i try to do my own stunts, whatever they'll let me. insurance-wise, do. but i do have a stunt double. mostly, there was this motorcycle scene, and i -- >> seth: right. i get it. if you don't know how to ride a motorcycle -- >> i'm not gonna try to fake it. >> seth: yeah. >> it's not one of those things that fake until you -- >> seth: no. >> so i was -- it was that day in particular, my -- the creator, eva, whose daughter was on set, and she's like, "so dad, why are there two of them that are exactly the same?" and he had to explain to her, you know, "this is the actress and this is the stunt double, and she rides the motorcycle." and so eva decided -- she's five, is like, "well, then why did you hire her?" [ laughter ] "does she know what to do?" and i was like, "wait a second, kid!" [ laughter ] "like, wait a second! you're gunning for my job. you're five. i've never felt so insecure on set!" >> seth: "dad just think of the savings if you found someone as a new --"
1:22 am
motorcycle!" >> seth: yeah. >> and so, then she, like, goes as far. later, she, like, comes up to me and really wants to show me something. and she had her mom re-create the clip with me. i'm, like, running through this courtyard, and all these birds fly. and so, she re-creates the scene. and i was like, "listen kid." [ laughter ] "i auditioned for this role. i worked hard for it." >> seth: "back off. you've got back off." your co-star cole hauser. >> yes. >> seth: all-time hunk. i'm just gonna say it. i think he's a hunky guy. he's been a hunky guy for a long time. [ laughter ] >> i will tell him that. >> seth: please do. but he's your love interest on the show. >> yes. >> seth: yet i read that you told him he reminded you of your father. [ laughter ] >> yes, sometime i open my mouth, i shouldn't. >> seth: yeah. >> i meant it in a very, like, the nicest way possible, but i've realized soon there after that, like, it's not a good thing to tell your love interest. she was, like, 'old enough to be my dad." >> seth: yeah. [ laughter ] >> so, i had to, you know, take that back and explain to him that it was a very -- he's an intense man, and he's, you know, very stoic, my dad was a marine, and so --
1:23 am
>> it was meant to be a compliment, not a backhanded one. >> seth: all right, well, there you go. >> an actual one. >> seth: you were on the cover of "shape magazine," not a mistake. you look great, well done. [ cheers ] >> thank you. >> seth: but i -- i have -- so is this -- running on the beach, is that your actual dog? >> that's the dog that peed in my suitcase? >> seth: really? [ laughter ] >> yes. >> seth: you put her in a magazine, and then, she repays you like that? >> well, it's a him, but i'm gonna -- >> seth: gotcha. >> i'm not gonna tell him you said that. >> seth: okay. [ laughter ] oh, sure, you tell cole hauser he looks like your dad, but i can't get the dog wrong. >> i rewarded him by putting him in the photo shoot, and actually, my boyfriend got a little upset with me we have another dog, but he always says is the model. >> seth: okay. >> and i didn't indy. i took ralph instead, and he was like, "i can't believe this." [ laughter ] >> seth: i guess you were just running, but what the dog good on set? >> he actually was really good on set. >> seth: okay. >> at that time, he was good. >> seth: i did a photo shoot where they asked me to bring my dog, and i'm impressed with yours, because here --
1:24 am
>> that's fancy. >> seth: but here's the news flash, that's not my dog. hey had to replace it was a acting dog. [ laughter ] >> no! >> seth: because my dog just wanted to eat pasta. it would not sit still for the half of second you have to be still for a photograph. [ laughter ] >> this dog is perfect. >> seth: yeah this dog is perfect. wherever that dog is, if you want to show up at my apartment, i will trade. [ laughter ] >> that's amazing. we both have issues with our dogs. >> seth: yeah, we do. last thing, obviously "twilight" -- i'm assuming people still talk to you about it all the time. obviously, it was this cultural moment. you had a very different look in "twilight." here's your haircut there. because it was such a unique haircut, is that something that you still hear about all the time? >> i do. i will -- when, during the film, i, like, almost felt bad sometimes because they would come. and they're like, "i got the haircut!" and then look at me like, "your hair is not that -- it's long." >> seth: yeah. >> like, i was like, "yeah, that's a wig." [ laughter ] "my bad." but they now come up to me. it's -- it's meant to be a compliment, but again, it's, like me telling cole, like, "you're like my dad."
1:25 am
like, "yeah, i like the alice haircut better." >> seth: yeah. >> like, "you look better with shorter hair?" and i'm like, "am i supposed to say 'thank you' after that?" [ laughter ] like, "i don't know how to react to that." >> seth: "i liked you better when you were a vampire." >> yes, basically, "when you sparkled." >> seth: yeah. well, thank you so much for being here. congrats on the show. >> thank you for having me. [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: lovely to see you as always. ashley greene, everybody. "rogue" airs wednesdays on direct tv's "audience network." we'll be right back with music from "birdy." >> thank you so much.
1:26 am
it's h d to resist great taste. meet the ketchups. music: "sex machine" by james brown only twice a year and it's here!... kohl's lowest prices of the season! tees for her - just $4.99. men's polos - just $8.99. infant tops and bottoms - $4.00. the big one bath towel - only $2.99. and get kohl's cash! wednesday through sunday
1:27 am
actually, philly was the first capital. oh, honey... no wait, did you just have that on your phone? it's time to mix it up. do it, dad! yeah, do it! there are thousands of ways into the complex health care system. it was frozen. daddy's hand looks funny. and choosing unitedhealthcare can help make it simpler by letting you know when your claim has been processed. yo, adrian. still not funny. unitedhealthcare okay, what is this? it' s chewy. really icy. wooh. that' s intense! it just hits you. its gum. no. it' s totally a mint! it' s disappearing as i am chewing it. where did it go? it' s not a gum. not a mint. it' s a breakthrough in cool. ice breakers cool blasts. thompson's waterseal. the seal you can trust.
1:28 am
and easy to choose colors... exceptional beauty and protection have never been easier. thompson's waterseal stain and sealer.
1:29 am
1:30 am
[ cheers and applause ] >> seth: tonight's musical guest is a very talented singer/songwriter from the u.k. performing her new single, "keeping your head up," please
1:31 am
[ cheers and applause ] times that i've seen you lose your way you're not in control and you won't be told all i can do to keep you safe is hold you close hold you close til you can breathe on your own til you can breathe on your own hold tight you're slowly coming back to life i'll be keeping your head up i'll be keeping your head up darling c let go of all your haunted dreams tonight i'll be keeping your head up i'll be keeping your head up darling hold tight you're slowly coming back to life
1:32 am
your head up i'll be keeping your head up darling let go of all your haunted dreams tonight i'll be keeping your head up i'll be keeping your head up i won't let you down everyone keeps a darker place to lose control you're not alone and when you come looking for embrace i know your soul i'll be your home til you can breathe on your own til you can breathe on your own hold tight you're slowly coming back to life i'll be keeping your head up i'll be keeping your head up darling
1:33 am
i'll be keeping your head up i'll be keeping your head up darling hold tight you're slowly coming back to life i'll be keeping your head up i'll be keeping your head up darling let go of all your haunted dreams tonight i'll be keeping your head up i'll be keeping your head up i won't let you down you never think that you can fly you'll always swim against the tide don't you know your pain is mine and i would die a thousand times to ease your mind to ease your mind hold tight you're slowly coming back to life i'll be keeping your head up i'll be keeping your head up darling let go of all your haunted dreams tonight
1:34 am
your head up i'll be keeping your head up darling hold tight you're slowly coming back to life i'll be keeping your head up i'll be keeping your head up darling let go of all your haunted dreams tonight i'll be keeping your head up i'll be keeping your head up and i won't let you down [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: birdy, everyone. the new album, "beautiful lives" is out now. we'll be right back.
1:35 am
this is everything i have, my family. i got to see my dad die on national tv. they don't know what they took from us. people are dying. we need a president that's going to talk about it. i believe bernie sanders
1:36 am
the criminal justice system. he's not scared. that's why i'm for bernie. i'm bernie sanders and i approve this message. [ grinding metal ] whoa, that doesn' t look good. no, not you. ordinary fuels can clog your engine with dirt. it' s like lugging this around... it' s dragging down your fuel economy. [ breaking glass ] but over time, using new and improved bp gasoline with invigorate helps clean up that dirt, like hundreds of scrubbing brushes. [ scrubbing bristles ] so that means a cleaner engine, which helps you get more miles per tank. i' ll be here if you need me. new bp gasoline with invigorate... our best fuel ever! fios is not cable. we're wired differently. in the last 10 years our competitors have received a few awards. but we've received a few more, including jd power who ranked us highest in customer satisfaction for the third year in a row. only fios has the fastest
1:37 am
on the most awarded network. now get super-fast 100 meg internet tv and phone for just $69.99 per month, online. cable can't offer internet speeds this fast at a price this good, only fios can. [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: my thanks to lena dunham, jenni konner, ashley greene, birdy, everybody! [ cheers and applause ] brann dailor and of course the 8g-band, stay tuned for carson daly. we'll see you tomorrow.


info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on